It is our pleasure to welcome you as a speaker at the 22nd Cochrane Colloquium! We kindly ask you to follow the instructions below to ensure your presentation goes smoothly.
Workshop Session Times:
1. Tuesday, 23 September, 1:30 p.m. – 3.00 p.m.
2. Tuesday, 23 September, 3:30 p.m. – 5.00 p.m.
3. Thursday, 25 September, 1:30 p.m. – 3.00 p.m.
4. Friday, 26 September, 1:30 p.m. – 3.00 p.m.
A small number of workshops will be taking place outside these sessions, in order to use the computer lab.
You can see the scheduled date, time and location of your workshop (once allocated), by logging in to the Colloquium website (see details below), or in the Colloquium programme book.
Details of your workshop:
The following functions of the online system are reserved to you as a workshop or meeting organizer:
The system allows you to:
• see the date, time and location of your workshop
• view and export the list of participants who have signed up for your workshop/meeting and those on the waiting list
• email the participants and/or waiting list candidates
• start an online discussion with participants
• share documents with your participants (e.g. an agenda or slides, via an online discussion by adding an attachment)
• share documents with the public by adding an attachment to your workshop or meeting
To perform any of these functions:
1) Log into your Colloquium account
2) Find your workshops by clicking on the ‘My submissions’ link on your Dashboard or in the menu.
3) Click on the title of the workshop you wish to view.
3) To upload documents, in the 'My Submissions' list, click on the ‘edit’ link next to your workshop title.
Signing up for workshops:
Sign-up for Colloquium meetings and workshops opens on 18 August, and is available at colloquium.cochrane.org/signup.
If your workshop is fully booked:
• You will be notified by email.
• Participants can no longer sign up to attend the workshop, but can put themselves on a waiting list for your workshop.
• If a participant of your workshop cancels his/her sign-up, the next person on the waiting list is automatically signed up, and notified via email.
• The maximum number of participants is based on the number you specified in the workshop proposal, or may be limited by the size of the allocated room. If you want to increase the maximum number of participants, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Increase in participant numbers is subject to availability of suitable rooms.
• If the maximum number of participants is increased, those on the waiting list are automatically signed up in the order that they joined the list up to the new maximum limit, and notified via email.If additional free spaces remain available, other participants will also be able to sign up to the workshop.
If your workshop is restricted to a specific audience:
• The eligibility of participants to attend will not be automatically checked - you are responsible for checking the list of signed up participants (see instructions above) if you wish to ensure they are all eligible.
• You can remove any individual participants who you determine are not eligible. Please make sure to notify the people concerned or contact them beforehand.
Instructions for Presentation Day:
• Workshops are 90 minutes in length (with the exception of full-day pre- or post-Colloquium workshops, and special computer lab workshops scheduled from 7:30am to 8:45am).
• Please bring a copy of your slides (only PPT format) on a USB memory stick to the Colloquium. You are responsible for bringing a final electronic copy of your presentation with you. You can upload your presentation in the speaker ready room (ORG SUITE) during Colloquium hours, and must do so at least one hour before the start of their session. Technical support will be available in the speaker ready room, but not in each workshop/oral session room.
• It is mandatory to disclose all funding sources or conflict(s) of interest to the audience prior to your presentation. Ensure your disclosure is stated on the second slide of your presentation. Use either of the following statements:
- “I have no actual or potential conflict of interest in relation to this presentation”; or
- “I have had a financial interest, arrangement, or affiliation with the following organization(s) that could be perceived as a direct/indirect conflict of interest in the context/content of the subject of this presentation” (and then list these conflicts).
• A PC with internet connection, microphone, and a projector will be set up in all session rooms. For those who have requested special equipment in your abstract, these will be provided for you. Check your submission online to see what equipment you have requested.
• Bring all necessary materials and handouts for your workshop. We cannot print handouts or additional materials. Note: You can track the number of individuals registered for your workshop (see details above) to ensure that you have sufficient materials and handouts available.
•Brief evaluation forms will be provided in each workshop. Please ancourage your participants to complete them and leave them in the room when they leave. These forms will be collected by Colloquium organising staff.
• Please be sure to end on time.
Further information is available at colloquium.cochrane.org/presenter-instructions.